Search - User list
Full Version: Houdini > Niagara PointCache / HBJSON import - particle coun
Root » Houdini for Realtime » Houdini > Niagara PointCache / HBJSON import - particle coun
mrboni
There is a 1million point limit for CPU systems and a 2 million limit for GPU



Can I circumvent this? I'm working on a non realtime sequence and need more points in my point cloud!



I could maybe export the PC in smaller chunks, but have many frames to work with so would prefer a single file per frame



Thanks
mrboni
Answer from Epic -

You can tweak these limits using fx.MaxNiagaraGPUParticlesSpawnPerFrame and fx.MaxNiagaraCPUParticlesPerEmitter . If you want to drive them for your entire project you can add the lines to your config inis.
SarahM
Hey SideFx Team!

I was wondering if there are any future plans to optimize the memory footprint for point caches? I've been using the Niagara labs export node but roughly 50k points (for 80 frames) are around ~200mb.
Cheers
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.