Search - User list
Full Version: Render All Frames With a Single Process - Problem
Root » Solaris and Karma » Render All Frames With a Single Process - Problem
spinori
Dear Houdini Team,

if I enable “Render All Frames With a Single Process” in the USD Render Rop it discards any expressions I have in the rendersettings and only uses the first frame.

I want to switch between 45 cameras per frame ( light-field rendering ) with the expressions ( /Lightfield/cam_`$F%46` ). This is working fine until I activate the single process option which would speed up the rendering enormously though so I really wanted to get it working. When the single process option is enabled it only renders with the first camera.

Also, I tried using the flipbook rendering option ( because the scene initialization is even faster than the usd render rop ) but I could not manage to get the undistorted pixel per pixel beauty pass. It seems like the flipbook render files are dependent on the viewport.

It would be great getting your opinion on this and what you recommend as the fastest rendering option for rendering usd. Rendering with light fields will generate enormous amounts of frames, so scene initialization time reduction is absolutely crucial. Thank you very much!
jsmack
Can you create multiple render products, one for each camera to render with? I think some renderers will render a view for each render product.

Another option would be to render the lightfields in a single pass using a lens shader to create a photomosaic. Karma is the only renderer I know of that supports lens shaders in solaris at the moment though.
spinori
jsmack
Can you create multiple render products, one for each camera to render with? I think some renderers will render a view for each render product.

Another option would be to render the light fields in a single pass using a lens shader to create a photomosaic. Karma is the only renderer I know of that supports lens shaders in Solaris at the moment though.

Wow, thank you very much these are both great ideas that I did not think would be possible. Especially the render product one. I use redshift for speed purposes, but I could also try Renderman or karma. I will do a set of tests tomorrow.
spinori
jsmack

Another option would be to render the lightfields in a single pass using a lens shader to create a photomosaic. Karma is the only renderer I know of that supports lens shaders in solaris at the moment though.

Did you succeed in creating a setup like this? Rendering multiple views via several render products? I am sorry to say that I am not 100 percent sure how to do that ^^. I was using render products for creating aov channels, but I never did a setup with multiple products in one rendersetting. Also with the lense shader: Have you succed doing something like this with any renderer? I know technically it is possible ( like doing a stereo renderer but with more views ). Thank you very much!
spinori
Anybody here has a decent workflow rendering with the usd render-rop? ^^ Is there a way to render unscaled flipbook renderes at a certain resolution. For me they always seem to be scaled screenshots with blocking artifacts.
robp_sidefx
Rendering multiple views via several render products?

This is not currently supported in husk, but it's on the radar.
jsmack
robp_sidefx

Do you need RFE, or is it as you say "on the radar" already?
robp_sidefx
jsmack
robp_sidefx

Internal RFEs already exist, all good
spinori
robp_sidefx
jsmack
robp_sidefx

Internal RFEs already exist, all good

Thank you very much for the info! Looking forward to seeing something like this in future builds.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.