Search - User list
Full Version: Set attribute on fractured geometry and read it after
Root » Technical Discussion » Set attribute on fractured geometry and read it after
asdasdasdasdasd
So i do rbdmaterialfracture on geometry after i need to set some attribute (to random value but which will be constant for this fracture piece) and read it after in rbdconfigure. how can i do it? preferably in hscript. i want to use it to control the activate state of the piece, so every has a different offset. seems like a simple task but i couldn't find the right solution so far.
npetit
As long as the attribute lives on the proxy geometry, you can transfer the attribute onto the resulting packed fragments coming out of the RBD Configure SOP - add the attribute name to the "Transfer Attributes" parm.
asdasdasdasdasd
Thank you a lot! Now i understand the concept better, but i still don't know how to read the attribute (kind of ashamed...)
here is my test project i rebuilt the same network with extra stuff which i need.
the problem is in rbdconfigure bullet data "active" it seems to return 0 (or NaN idk) all the time, expression is $F > @attrib
what is the correct way to access this attribute?
npetit
Ah, that won't work.
Your best bet is to simply set the active attribute beforehand and transfer it, or you could transfer the attribute and use a Wrangle or an Attribute Expression SOP to set the active value after the RBD Configure SOP.
asdasdasdasdasd
!!! Thanks, works perfectly! <3 but i must say it's a specific logic, ie you won't figure it out unless you read the documentation in depth or ask someone who knows.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.