Search - User list
Full Version: Labs baker material names for UE4
Root » Houdini for Realtime » Labs baker material names for UE4
Yonnidehaar
Hi everyone,

I'm making an automated pipeline where high poly photogrammetry geometry comes in, and low poly geo with baked textures come out.

Everything is working, but all the materials in the fbx are simply called 'baker'. The textures are working fine, but I'd like to get the right name in the fbx model, so UE4 can automatically import the meshes and create all the textures.

I've tried by using the PDG variable inside the quick material inside the labs baker, but that only works once and keeps the same name. I've also tried renaming the material by using a prim wrangle: 's@shop_materialpath = "/obj/fbx_test/maps_baker2/sop_quickmaterial1/matnet/MI_`@filename`";', but no success here either...

So I either need to be able to change the way the labs baker writes out material names (and link to PDG), or be able to change the name afterwards and make sure the material stays assigned.

I've attached the file, any help would be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot!

Image Not Found
Ambrosiussen
Hi,

So the Quickmaterial node essentially reconstructs the material nodes inside of it each time you change the name parameter. Due to how PDG works with the `@` syntax for parameters (pulling data instead of pushing data), the callback for the name parameter doesnt get triggered, and therefore the name doesnt change.

What you could try is this:
1. With a wrangle or attribute create, just set the primitive attribute `shop_materialpath` to the value you want.

2. If you're on 18.5, create a primitive string attribute called `fbx_material_name` with the name you want.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.