ivanmalek
March 22, 2021 14:12:00
Hi,
trying to dive into Solaris and using Redshift. I managed to output an EXR, that has all the rendervars nicely arranged into parts, but is it possible to output an exr for every rendervar separately?
Also... probably not the right place to ask, but maybe someone here knows. How do you get the cryptomatte rendervar to work in Solaris and Redshift? I always get just a black image. I suspect, it might be a data type issue, but was unable to find any documentation.
Thanks.
Cheers,
Ivan
Tim Crowson
March 22, 2021 14:51:44
For the RS crypto question, it may be best to ask Juanjo Gonzales about that on the RS forum.
As for rendering each AOV to its own EXR, I may be wrong but I think you'll need to define a separate Render Product for each RenderVar (the product being what defines the output file). A RenderSettings prim can take any number of RenderProducts and a RenderProduct can take any number of RenderVars. So maybe try creating one RenderProduct per RenderVar, and pointing your RenderSettings to all the products?
ivanmalek
March 23, 2021 09:16:23
Tim Crowson
For the RS crypto question, it may be best to ask Juanjo Gonzales about that on the RS forum.
As for rendering each AOV to its own EXR, I may be wrong but I think you'll need to define a separate Render Product for each RenderVar (the product being what defines the output file). A RenderSettings prim can take any number of RenderProducts and a RenderProduct can take any number of RenderVars. So maybe try creating one RenderProduct per RenderVar, and pointing your RenderSettings to all the products?
Thanks Tim,
You're right, another render Product did the job.
Cheers,
Ivan