Search - User list
Full Version: Labs maps baker issues with normals
Root » Houdini for Realtime » Labs maps baker issues with normals
tmishler
So I've created a simple tree result using the tree generator, but I used Megascans textures on a quickmaterial node using the LABS PBR material type, this is where I assigned the megascans textures. I've turned on only transfer maps in the labs map baker, and everything appears to bake correctly except for the normals.The normals produce a nuetral normal background with grey normal information (my low poly is a plane). I am using surface normal bake mode.

Am i doing something incorrectly? Is there an issue with the maps baker itself?

As an aside, the leaves are getting "lost" in the bake information if their normals are not facing the same direction as the low poly plane.

Edit:Also of note, i have the "opacity maps are considered during tracing" enabled. (critical to my workflow)
Ambrosiussen
Hi,

Please submit a bug with support
tmishler
Ambrosiussen
Hi,

Please submit a bug with support
Thanks Paul, will do.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.