Search - User list
Full Version: attribvop: basic questions
Root » Houdini Learning Materials » attribvop: basic questions
Renji_kan
Hello,

Explain to me please, I'm completely confused: ((

1)I create objet grid.
2)I create attribvop
3)In attribvop I do this: geometryvopglobal: P ---> constant:vector(0, 0,1, 0) ---> add ----> geometryvopoutput: P




I expect to see a 0.1 change in the position of the object on the Y-axis, but the object just disappears. ((
gt3d2019
no expert myself, but usually I'd split out @P into floats using vector to float node, then apply a single constant add to the mid slot(Y) then recombine into a float to vector and then goes into yer @P in geometryvopoutput
Aizatulin
You can also change const type to vector ("add" is not casting float to vector automatically).
Renji_kan
Aizatulin
You can also change const type to vector ("add" is not casting float to vector automatically).

But, in the first message I wrote that I chose the vector type for the const variable:

In attribvop I do this: geometryvopglobal: P ---> constant:vector(0, 0,1, 0) ---> add ----> geometryvopoutput: P
Renji_kan
I understood what the mistake was. There were no connected nodes in the wop attribute node and they caused an error.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.