Search - User list
Full Version: New Free Vex Tutorial At Cmivfx
Root » Houdini Lounge » New Free Vex Tutorial At Cmivfx
David Gary
Hi everyone,
Upon general request, I've recorded a new free video tutorial hosted at our webpage.
http://cmivfx.com/tutorials.asp [cmivfx.com]
tutorial no 57

It's about advanced VEX workflow: it shows you how to use multiple geometry inputs, how to include written code, and teaches you how to create visually controllable advanced noise ( for both fractal terrain and ocean modeling), with multiple inputs VEX SOPs.
The underlying idea is to describe your surface as the summation of noise octaves and to visually control the corresponding spectrum.
Of course, these topics will be covered in much more detail in our upcoming VEX DVD ( with terrain design like Terragen and ocean animation), but the tutorials give you some basics and insights.

(Don't forget our previous free tuts ( no 39 and 40), on fracture effects and fluid flow through l-systems).
-d
ReggieFourmyle
Wow, that's awesome, thank you!
djorzgul
nice, too advance for me still, but nice…
anyway you have a small mistake on page: Tutorial 49: Creating Particle DOF in Fusion 5 is linked to a Creating Noise Spectrums in VEX, an pic is from Houdini…

respect.
David Gary
Thanks djorzgul,
we will correct that
-d
andrewlowell
very cool, I'm going to go through this
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.