Search - User list
Full Version: incorrect VAT fluid shader in Unreal for VAT 3.0
Root » Houdini for Realtime » incorrect VAT fluid shader in Unreal for VAT 3.0
sartaq12
Hello,
I'm struggling to get MF_DynamicRemeshing to work in Unreal once I export out because I just get different nodes than what you have.
I've updated both houdini engine and labs to the latest versions from your github releases.
Image Not Found

Your material instance takes in lookup:
Image Not Found

Mine doesn't:

Any help is much appreciated,
I'm trying to sim fluids for the Epic Megajam.
MaiAo
sartaq12
Hello,
I'm struggling to get MF_DynamicRemeshing to work in Unreal once I export out because I just get different nodes than what you have.
I've updated both houdini engine and labs to the latest versions from your github releases.
Image Not Found

Your material instance takes in lookup:
Image Not Found

Mine doesn't:
Image Not Found

Any help is much appreciated,
I'm trying to sim fluids for the Epic Megajam.

Hey there, it looks like you are not getting the latest plugin for some reason. Occasionally it may be because there was a duplicated version of Labs on your machine. You can go to ../Documents/houdini18.5/packages/SideFXLabs18.5.json to check where is the actual location. But for the sake of your jam, you can download a copy of the demo project from here https://drive.google.com/drive/u/1/folders/1Tq7CExY8k103MJDVbi96GqIBm8P6S0Qn [drive.google.com] and copy the SideFX_Labs folder in the Plugins folder and use that. That has the latest shaders. Good luck with your game!
Lime
maybe only restart unreal After Save All in unreal
sartaq12
Lime
Wow, I can't believe that worked, it was a garbled mess until I restarted, then just adjusted the debug rounding and Voila!

Image Not Found

Thanks for the support, in the end, we figured out we had an old SideFX labs plugin in the project but the right one in the Engine, so the project one overrode it on our jam game.
MaiAo
sartaq12
Lime
Wow, I can't believe that worked, it was a garbled mess until I restarted, then just adjusted the debug rounding and Voila!

Image Not Found

Thanks for the support, in the end, we figured out we had an old SideFX labs plugin in the project but the right one in the Engine, so the project one overrode it on our jam game.

Very cool effect you got! Also in case you see tiny undesirable flickering (happens in UE5), that's because UE5 has motion blur on by default when anything WPO is driven by the Time node. And DR mode can't support automatic motion blur, only custom motion blur. You can use the parameter-driven playback method (documented in the complete guide part 1) to avoid this issue.
Jeremy Kendall
@maiai It does appear though in the demo project examples that were provided in the Artstation links that MI_Fluid_Motionblur is busted and looking for things to be set differently and missing a material function. So while the numbers work the 2nd example in the fluids map does not. Not sure if that was known.
MaiAo
Jeremy Kendall
@maiai It does appear though in the demo project examples that were provided in the Artstation links that MI_Fluid_Motionblur is busted and looking for things to be set differently and missing a material function. So while the numbers work the 2nd example in the fluids map does not. Not sure if that was known.

I downloaded a fresh copy of the project from the link but I don't see the missing material function issue you saw. That's weird. It shouldn't be missing anything though.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.