Search - User list
Full Version: Rendering in topnet fails on Linux (but not on Mac )
Root » PDG/TOPs » Rendering in topnet fails on Linux (but not on Mac )
filipw
Trying to render in topnet fails on my Linux installation.I have reduced the problem/file to a rendering a single box and using Mantra instead of VRAY in order to trying to find the issue. Clicking "manual render" in a ropmantra works fine. But not driving it from using e.g wedges. I finally gave up and just for fun tried the same stuff on my Mac laptop where it worked just as expected. Oddly.

Where could I have failed? Or is it a bug? This is on 18.5.596 as well as 18.5.499.
filipw
Downloaded and installed .672 on Linux and it worked as expected. Sadly not compatible with VRAY though...
filipw
...and after getting access to nightly builds of VRAY and installing that for .672 we are back to not being able to render even in Mantra through the rop mantra or rop fetch. Obviously something is funky in the install on V4H on Linux. I'll report back if I solve this.

Edit: but I finally managed to get some renders using VRAY but it obviously breaks something in my Linux install. Probably some env variable or so.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.