Search - User list
Full Version: PDG Partition Node Dirtying Mode
Root » PDG/TOPs » PDG Partition Node Dirtying Mode
xiexiexiesc
Hi,I noticed Partition nodes have the Dirtying Mode option in Houdini17.5,so that only the tiles which has been modified will be refresh,but I didn't see this option in houdini18.5,is there any new node to replace this?
tpetrick
That option existed in H17.5 because dynamic partitioners would dirty all their partitions any time upstream work items were changed. That's no longer the case in 18.5 onward, so the parameters no longer exist. Partitions are only dirtied if a) one of their dependencies is dirtied or b) the contents of the partition changes on a recook, e.g. because of changes to the partitioning settings or an upstream work item.
xiexiexiesc
tpetrick
That option existed in H17.5 because dynamic partitioners would dirty all their partitions any time upstream work items were changed. That's no longer the case in 18.5 onward, so the parameters no longer exist. Partitions are only dirtied if a) one of their dependencies is dirtied or b) the contents of the partition changes on a recook, e.g. because of changes to the partitioning settings or an upstream work item.
Good to konw that.Thanks!It helps a lot on my PDG work.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.