Search - User list
Full Version: Can't use attr created with Python TOP in ffmpegencodevideo?
Root » PDG/TOPs » Can't use attr created with Python TOP in ffmpegencodevideo?
OdFotan
Hi,

After creating an TOP attribute with the Python Script TOP, I can't use it.
It's just a string attribute, and I want to use it like this:
$HIP/video/$HIPNAME.$OS..__`@new_filename`.__.mp4

I have used other string attributes like that before in the ffmpegencodevideo.

I get these errors:

Missing or empty attribute '@new_filename' when evaluating '/tasks/topnet1/ffmpegencodevideo5/outputfilepath' with work item 'ffmpegencodevideo5_103'

Empty input file attribute when evaluating '/tasks/topnet1/ffmpegencodevideo5/inputfilepath' with work item 'ffmpegencodevideo5_109'

What's going on?

Thanks in advance,
mestela
Works for me on windows, as long as I change the ffmpeg path parameter to 'system path'.

OdFotan
Thanks for checking out Matt,

This tho makes me more confused.
For me this does not have anything to do with the FFmpeg path, and had set it to $PDG_FFMPEG on purpose.

This really seems to be happening on the basis of that attribute creation.
Or on the basis that I am not on Windows, but on a Mac (M1).

I have no idea where to look now,
so I think I'll file a bug.
OdFotan
altho I will list the precise errors here. It seems to be coming up into a 'NoneType' object in an internal Houdini script.
tpetrick
Your Python Script node is set to evaluate when the work item cooks, which means that it's creating the attribute too late. The Output File Path parameter is evaluated when the FFMpeg node generates, so the attribute does not exist yet on the input work item. The data dependency is supposed to be detect automatically, but it seems like there's a bug. In the mean time, you can fix it by setting the "Evaluate Script During" parameter on the Python Script to "Generate" instead of "Cook".

The Python Script node also has "Copy Input to Outputs" disabled by default -- in your case you'll need to enable, to preserve the input image file list for the FFMpeg node.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.