Lately I've been having a very hard time learning Houdini. Sometimes the doc just repeats what it already taught me. Some of the tutorials I watch I get unwanted results when I'm copying the same thing that was done in the video due to being on a different version. This discourages me from watching another tutorial. Some tutorials and project files are extremely basic to the point I have no clue how I would even expand on the tool or method. The issue with some courses they only advertise certain things or other software. Some of which I am slowly learning on my own or through YouTube. I just want the skill to make everything from 20,000bc to an alien economy. I look on Google images and I type anime castle, anime buildings, or futuristic buildings I struggle to figure out how to make them. I want to stack them with cool VFX/sims. The muscle system is also something I want in my desired style of work. I know a ton of studying and practice will help me get there but I can't find a 1 stop shop that teaches me on the threshold of basic/complex to allow for me to expand on my with my own creativity. I'm not looking to be on Houdini and then suddenly I have to go to another software. Honestly I only want to use Unreal Engine for its skybox, lighting, I think I could put its sound system to use, and whenever metahuman is complete I want to play with that, other than that I'd like to be strictly Houdini. I use blender to create basic humanoid figures. I want to be able to make a scene with whatever look and simulation I want. I got a powerful laptop just for Houdini. I keep trying everyday regardless of whatever block I hit because art is the only thing I am good at and 3D is the only way for me to bring my ideas to life. Houdini has new tools to make things easier, I'd like to know how to use them for the things I explained above and so on. Although there are project files out there for download, due to make lack of skill with Houdini I have no clue how to expand on it. I will say this much, I'm not trying to learn everything in Houdini. I'm not seeking to work with a 20,000+ part robot, no way! BUT if the course offers room to tackle that, then its a plus to know when I master the things I want to do I know where to find the knowledge to face that challenge.
A lot of these courses promising xyz yet I'm only seeing water, pyro, RBD, sure that's nice and all but I don't want to be limited to that... if you could teach awesome buildings and etc, why not advertise some of it? If anyone can direct me to a REAL 1 stop shop Houdini course that works with latest version that stays on topic and gets to the point while still explaining what, why, and how, I'd be super grateful!