Search - User list
Full Version: When I render with Karma output is spamming about Redshift
Root » 3rd Party » When I render with Karma output is spamming about Redshift
AndreasOberg
When I render with Karma every frame spams about Redshift Render
But I do not even use Redshift in this scene.

Redshift for Houdini plugin version 3.0.63 (Jan 18 2022 18:20:57)
Plugin compile time HDK version: 19.0.498
Houdini host version: 19.0.498
Plugin dso/dll and config path: C:/ProgramData/Redshift/Plugins/Houdini/19.0.498/dso
Core data path: C:\ProgramData\Redshift
Local data path: C:\ProgramData\Redshift
Procedurals path: C:\ProgramData\Redshift\Procedurals
Preferences file path: C:\ProgramData\Redshift\preferences.xml
License path: C:\ProgramData\Redshift

Cheers
rangi
I'm seeing the same thing. I've been ignoring it, though I'm wondering if it affects load times - must do at least a little. Removing the env-vars that load RS seem to be the only obvious solution. For me I'm rendering with both so just living with it.
mestela
Yeah same, also spams console on file->new with redshift stuff if I've been in lops.
AndreasOberg
Yea, ok, it is not great. I get the feeling that this may slow things down. I think I will try to remove Redshift and see if it becomes any faster.
futuredeluxe
Hey guys, did anyone find any solutions to this aside from not loading Redshfit - we're having the same problem.

The attached error report is from using Karma. No RS specific nodes anywhere in the scene.

Cheers,
Will

Image Not Found
IsStuff
The redshift plug-in loading and licensing adds about 25 seconds to each frame I render with karma. When your frame is 2 seconds and the redshift crap is 25 it kinda ruins the party. I am keen for any ideas or workarounds.
jumax
Any update on this? Having same issue seems to be slowing down the render
cdordelly
Hello!

Could you try to post this on the Redshift Forum? I Don't think that the RS dev will check the reports here.

https://redshift.maxon.net/category/38/bugs-solaris-hydra [redshift.maxon.net]

I'm wondering if this problem can be related to this thread also:

https://redshift.maxon.net/topic/46764/lag-opening-a-file-maybe-related-to-rs/8 [redshift.maxon.net]

You might try to rename the cpu dll too.

Cheers!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.