Search - User list
Full Version: cloth stitch with animated goals
Root » Houdini Lounge » cloth stitch with animated goals
andrewlowell
ok, seems like the simplest thing I'm trying to do with cloth … I'm trying to use cloth to do folding on part of the skin for a mesh (too extreme for muscle joint).

So, all that needs to happen is for the cloth to be “bound” to animated points around it's edges. I'm trying to do the cloth stitch constraint. The problem seems to be that the cloth only work's correctly using non-animated geometry, but the cloth stitch only works correctly using animated geometry.

I've tried merging, and bringing in RBD's instead, and also wire glue with no luck. Anyone have a general idea of the workflow for cloth-stitch using animated constraints?
andrewlowell
just as I post it majically starts working … weird, ok so the merge needs to go at the end of the chain after the cloth solver / stitch etc.

Stitch needs to have an “points on Geo Object Geo” set to an animated rigid body.

The merge needs to have the RBD on the left, and cloth on the right, with “left effects right”
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.