Search - User list
Full Version: creep question
Root » Houdini Lounge » creep question
bloopatone
No, I am not a creep.

I have a creep operator set up so that particles creep along a curve. Basically the curve is pulgged into a popnet, inside the popnet a location node is plugged into a creep node. I'm using $AGE*.25 in the posuv field to make the particles move along the curve - it all works great. Now I have a kill node set to kill the particles when $AGE>4 but I think I could make a more elegant solution. I just swant the particles to die when they reach the end of the curve. I've tried making a rule in the Kill node that says posuv1>1 but its not killing the particles. I think I have the syntax wrong. Anybody have a better idea on how to do this?
Pagefan
just a guess but can't uv's be larger than 1? I thought not so the test posuv > 1 never gives the result you want. Maybe try posuv >= 1 or better give it a slight margin (0.999)
bloopatone
ah yes, my bad. I meant >=. however, I also experimented with posuv>0.5 just to see if it would kill particles half way up the curve but that didn't work either.
Ondrej
Just to verify, you're testing $POSUVU or $POSUVV?
bloopatone
OK, I knew I would be saying this when I made this post, but I'm gonna say it anyways: D'oh!

I had $POSUV1 in there which did not work, $POSUVU works great, thanks very much! I'm making the transition from Maya to Houdini so I expect there will be many D'ohs.

Thanks!

Eric
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.