Search - User list
Full Version: Day 28 Image | Solaris | Layout
Root » MARDINI Daily Art Challenge 2022 » Day 28 Image | Solaris | Layout
brandonmcfarland
okay then
Felipe Amaya

JKLM
All I could do in the short amount of time I had tonight. Really struggled to understand how Solaris works
Wolrajh
The toymaker's workshop
or maybe the storyteller's vault ?

No more stories, I'm afraid. I've run a bit dry at this point. It wasn't easy keeping at it for this long

Layout node will probably be a staple of Solaris / Lops, but I feel it's pretty bugguy still, and not always super user friendly ( had to dig a bit to find how to move individual instances ). It also requires quite a bit of preemptive workflow. Fortunately, I had my mind set on something like this since I started using Solaris and Karma for rendering back on day 3 (!) so I had already a little library of assets. Still had to go back and heavily edit most of them to accommodate for mistakes or unexpected behaviours ( hello, displacement explosion ).
wolskikrzys
Day 29 - Layout

It took me quite a while to get it how to export preped geometry to USD. Once it was done I could start layouting the scene.
I have used the node to construct the ruins and populate the ground with grass clumps.
This node is great, but once you try to instatiate large number of meshes performance drops quite significantly.

Submission:

Screenshot:
aloeks
cheers.
Iamgroot93
Day 28
Mushroom on a log
My first time using Solaris. There is so much to learn!!!
Image Not Found
KentM
Mardini2022
Day28 - Layout
naoya_horai
day28:solaris_layout
Fridgestalker
Day 28 | Layout
In all my dumbness I forgot to assign materials before laying stuff out
vg12000
Mardini 2022 - Day 28 - Solaris Layout
James Macgill
franticly trying to get this to work by the deadline...
huylefx
Mardini 28
So confusing to use this...
SerjKirchano
Day 28
Elefant_T
day28
yotatanbe
day28
trsnium
day28
day28 solaris layout
matsnyman
Still figuring Solaris out, had a hard time with this one.
MathiasJ

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.