Search - User list
Full Version: Day 29 Image | Solaris | Background Plate
Root » MARDINI Daily Art Challenge 2022 » Day 29 Image | Solaris | Background Plate
rmagee
3 days to go! Today it is time for the Background Plate LOP. Good Luck!

Paul's video:
fdroess
day 29 - background plate

had quite a hard time figuring this one out. It wasn't so straight forward as it sounded like.
jp_
Mardini Day 29 Background Plate
mimikak41861852
Day29
SerjKirchano
Day 29

Can't or don't know how to render image with the BG picture
loukmek
still a lot of figuring out to do in Solaris
paulcolton
Sunny Day.
JanLoehr
solaris background plate
Furuya Takumi
My parents live near Mt.
I think it's time for me to go back home.
WaffleBoyTom68
Background Plate - very new to Karma and the only tutorial I could find on the background plate lop was in japanese, my shadow is all wrong, rip
Retsushi
Day 29 Background Plate
Requson
Day 29

teessider
Day 29 - Solaris Background Plate Node!

1st time trying anything like this (matching a background plate)

bechica
Day29
Wolrajh
Cats are pretty angry at the frog for not doing its intended job : KEEP THE VERMIN AWAY !

Fun little node which indeed can save a bit of time not having to setup aaaall the required catchers for live integration.
Raged a bit at the layout node, actually, which is kinda wonky and often looses the prototypes. I found a workaround in the end, tho, so it's okay-ish

( leftmost one is my cat. right most is my parents'. Obviously they were going to murder each other in the original pic, as cats always do. )
Felipe Amaya
This one is the most disappointing image I've made for the whole Mardini.
A series of issues led me to this result. But I didn't want to skip a day, so here's my entry.

wolskikrzys
Day 29 - Background Plate

I've got quite a few problems today.
First of all I had to figure out how the tool works. Next, I had a lot of troubles with converting a jpg image to ACES CG so it actually looks good after comping. So yeah, it has been time of learning new stuff. While I am still not sure how to convert jpgs corectly I managed to get 'acceptebale' look.
Then, I decided to create a proxy of the scene so all the spheres cast shadows correctly and more importatnly the big glass sphere has approximately proper refractions. Here are the final results:

Screenshot:
JKLM
Day 29 - Background Plate
The shadows didn't work, whatever
SilverQuasar_
First day in LOPS, very interesting tool!
naoya_horai
Day29:backgroundplane
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.