Search - User list
Full Version: One heightfield layer doesn't work in imported Unreal HDA
Root » Houdini for Realtime » One heightfield layer doesn't work in imported Unreal HDA
robbiecooper
Hi All

I've set up a heightfield landscape in Houdini and imported that as an HDA into Unreal. In Unreal, I've created a landscape material with a layer blend that uses the heightfield layers' names in Houdini to create the material layers I'm looking for. For example beach_layer, flows_layer etc. One of the layers doesn't want to work in Unreal (UE4.27). I can see the layer when I click on the landscape editor in "paint" mode. But the layer info is empty. If I select a temp layer info from the drop-down, it doesn't update.

The only difference I can spot between this layer and the other layers in the way that it was created in Houdini, is that I used a mask by object node to create the mask in the first place. Would this have created an issue? It looks fine in Houdini- I can see it using heightfield visualize or quickshade and it works as expected.
Eetu_Mainframe
Just checking, how many landscape layers do you have? There is "Max Number Of Layers" limit in unreal editor, you change it in Project Settings -> Engine -> Landscape. I think the default is 8.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.