Search - User list
Full Version: Exporting big scale RBD simulation to Unreal using VAT
Root » Houdini for Realtime » Exporting big scale RBD simulation to Unreal using VAT
mateusz_nocodestudio
Hello,

I have a problem when I try to export extremely big RBD simulations into Unreal using VAT. The simulation is pretty simple just 155 pieces and 200 F. But because of the big scale of the initial model for destruction simulation, the points for RBD are very far away from the origin so when importing geo and tex to Unreal and using the material the simulation does not work.

I found a simple silly solution: scale down the simulation geometry just before exporting it. It works but not fully. The position for pieces is correct but the rotation is wrong. It's probably because of pivot and orient attributes. I think I should also scale down the pivot att and recalculate the orient att, but I don't really know how to recalculate the orient attribute.

Does anyone know the solution to this, please? Maybe there is a way to export RBD VAT to Unreal even if the geometry has a very big scale?
mud_fx
The attached simulation is 35 meters in houdini. It seems to be working fine. Can you perhaps share the hip file?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.