Search - User list
Full Version: Texture referencing from Unreal to HDA
Root » Houdini for Realtime » Texture referencing from Unreal to HDA
Gabriele_Stefanelli
Hi, i'm trying to reference a single texture from unreal to my houdini hda to drive the displacement of a mesh using a triplanar displacement node.
i found on the unreal documentation the attribute "unreal_material_parameter_Texture", though im not quite sure how to implement it.
the set up i'm currently using is an exposed string parameter that I reference from an attribute create node to the triplanar texture inpu. This though doesn't seem to import the texture properly... Any help would be welcome, I'm quite new to working with houdini and unreal. Thanks in advance

tov95
Hi!

Assuming this displacement is applied to all prims.

1. You can try setting the "unreal_material_parameter_Texture" class as detail first
  2. then get the "unreal_material_parameter_Texture" detail attribute value into displacement parm instead of referencing the string parm.
    So in Labs Triplanar Displace's Displacement parm, you could just pop in a
    detail("../soften_normals1", "unreal_material_parameter_Texture", 0)

I'm not sure if assigning an unreal texture asset path into your interface's string parm will actually modify what the referring string1 parm evaluates to through the Houdini engine, but I know for sure that asset path will show up as a detail attribute value!

If this still doesn't work, you might need to play with some python magic to evaluate the asset path to an absolute path for your texture asset.

Alternatively, you can maybe just use a Copnet to read in the texture from unreal using the same "unreal_material_parameter_Texture" attribute and then reference the texture inside your HDA.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.