Hello,
I've been using Houdini for more than 4 years as a Technical Artist but never for Skinned Characters, it's been more than a week that I am stumbling on this problem and I can't figure it out, I feel like there must be an easier way to do solve this but I couldn't find it watching at the documentation or previous forum topics.

I am trying to build a for characters, for this I am importing characters with the "FbxCharacterImport" node, it has three output so in the output_2 and output_3 I delete the non-wanted bones for a LOD like all the fingers.

Then in the output_1 I am using the "CaptureAttributeUnpack" to edit all the bones previously affected by fingers then ressign them to the hand.
Then there is the Detail attributes, using VEX I edit the array of bone names to remove all the unwanted bone names and put the other bones at their new index.

But there is also an other array on which I couldn't find too much information, the documentation say "a data array attribute suffixed with _data".

But what is this data type to obtain this result, the floats are grouped 20 by 20, is it an array of multiple matrix that are stored using the serialize() VEX function ? It feels really tedious and I couldn't obtain good result, my character imported back in Unity completely looses it skinning every time.

And to finish, the last thing that felt really strange is even after removing all the "finger_bones" from those three output, in the final FBX I still have finger bones in the hierarchy ! Is there some other packed attributes somewhere that I couldn't find in the attribute panel ?
I would be so happy to finally understand this and solve this issue, thank you for your help.