Search - User list
Full Version: Export multiple COPs textures
Root » PDG/TOPs » Export multiple COPs textures
papsphilip
i am exporting some vector attributes as textures. i was wondering if there is a way to export multiple textures without opening a houdini instance for each one. (that is the current setup in my hip file)

Ideally i would like to open a houdini instance for each frame batch. So houdini launches goes down the network calculates my points and then exports one by one my textures. Then goes to the next frame does the same.

Another thread would be doing the same thing for another frame batch.

here is my file. Right now i have one fetch Top for each texture which means if i have 6 processors they will be shared among these fetch Tops, they cannot run at the same time, recalculating the network again and again which unnecessary and also overloading my RAM. Essentially one fetch Top will tell houdini to launch and export one texture, the other fetch will do the same for another texture etc.

Does this make sense? i'd like to remain in one houdini instance while exporting all three textures
tpetrick
You can point a ROP Fetch TOP node at a chain of ROPs, instead of a single ROP, and it'll render the whole chain and report the output files for each of the ROPs.

To export multiple textures you can create a chain of multiple Composite ROPs and point the ROP Fetch TOP at the last node in the chain.
papsphilip
tpetrick
You can point a ROP Fetch TOP node at a chain of ROPs, instead of a single ROP, and it'll render the whole chain and report the output files for each of the ROPs.

To export multiple textures you can create a chain of multiple Composite ROPs and point the ROP Fetch TOP at the last node in the chain.

thank you!! exactly what i was looking for
Like this?
papsphilip
the above works, but tried to go a bit further by adding a switch node and found some issues i am not sure how to fix.

Updated example file
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.