Search - User list
Full Version: Material Library Best Practice
Root » Solaris and Karma » Material Library Best Practice
protean
Hi,

I notice that the material library becomes sluggish very quickly when one is left to noodle. In this example I've created 64 Principled shaders and connected a singular UV Triplanar Project to illustrate the issue. If I now try and edit the network, I can be waiting 10s of seconds for an update.

This example is a bit silly and one could be using 'material builders' to segregate the shaders and prevent the whole library compiling when adding nodes etc. Even so, some single shaders can become quite complex during developments so I suppose we'd need to find other ways to approach look development to mitigate this slowness.

J
bogdana
protean
Hi,

I notice that the material library becomes sluggish very quickly when one is left to noodle. In this example I've created 64 Principled shaders and connected a singular UV Triplanar Project to illustrate the issue. If I now try and edit the network, I can be waiting 10s of seconds for an update.

This example is a bit silly and one could be using 'material builders' to segregate the shaders and prevent the whole library compiling when adding nodes etc. Even so, some single shaders can become quite complex during developments so I suppose we'd need to find other ways to approach look development to mitigate this slowness.

J

Noticed that as well.

Please sidefx, don't make houdini material editors into Hypershade.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.