Hello

I'm playing around with making condition (if/switch if) animation. Like having an autonomous hoover navigate walls. My first basic idea is to have it move forward each frame until a bounding box in front of the hoover contains points from a wall/barrier and if so it will rotate until the bounding box again contains zero point and will then move forward until another collision occurs.

I first tried inside SOPs and my problem was maintain the pivot for both rotating and translation (moving forward and rotating).

I'm next trying to see if I can create the conditions and transforms from the SOP level and drive the object level transforms instead because that could make the pivot issue more workable for me.

Sorry for all that text... I basically can't find any tutorials of automated animation and ones that are node or vop focused because my mind is resisting scripting too much. I'm just trying to make 2d animation for now and making a self driving old school ping pong game is another idea using the same kind of concepts.

Thank you