Search - User list
Full Version: Karma XPU/MaterialXでの両面ジオメトリでSSSは機能しますか?
Root » 日本語フォーラム » Karma XPU/MaterialXでの両面ジオメトリでSSSは機能しますか?
Hikari_
ここ二日ほど植物のモデルを作成していて、
一枚ポリゴンで作成したモデルのMaterialXでの両面のSSS(Subserface Scattering)が意図した通りに動作せず、解決できなかったのでここで意見を求めさせてください。レンダリングはXPUで行うことを前提としています。

Karma XPUで一枚ポリでの葉のSSS表現をしようとすると、一枚目の画像のような見た目になり、おそらく背面側ではSSSの処理を正しくできていないように見えます。
二枚目の画像は疑似的にPoly Extrudeで板ポリを押し出してから同じマテリアルを適用した時の結果なのですが、板ポリでこのようなルックをXPU環境で再現する方法はないでしょうか。
このために毎回押し出してポリゴン数が二倍やそれ以上になったり、アニメーションの適用が困難になるのは解決策として現実的でなく感じてしまいます...
brians
Hikari_
(via google translate)
I've been making plant models for the past two days,
SSS (Subserface Scattering) on ​​both sides of a model created with a single polygon in MaterialX did not work as intended and I was unable to resolve the issue, so I would like to ask for your opinion here. Rendering is assumed to be done on the XPU.

If you try to express SSS of a leaf with a single polygon using Karma XPU, it will look like the first image, and it probably looks like SSS processing is not being performed correctly on the back side.
The second image is the result of artificially extruding a board poly with Poly Extrude and then applying the same material, but is there a way to reproduce this look with a board poly in the XPU environment?
For this reason, I feel that it is not a realistic solution to have to extrude every time and the number of polygons doubles or more, and it becomes difficult to apply animation...

Japanese Reply: (via google translate)
SSS は多様体ジオメトリで動作するように設計されています。片面ジオメトリの場合、MtlxStandardSurface (「ジオメトリ」タブの下) で「薄肉」オプションを有効にする必要があります。これは代わりに、SSS を透過拡散 (つまり、半透明) のように扱います。これは、単一ポリゴン ジオメトリにとってより良いソリューションです。

English Reply:
SSS is designed to work on manifold geometry. For single-sided geometry, you need to enable the "thin walled" option on the MtlxStandardSurface (under the "Geometry" tab). This instead treats the SSS like transmissive-diffuse (ie translucency) which is a better solution for single-poly geometry.
Hikari_
Huge thanks brians. It's just what I needed!!
And I'm also impressed that the English staff responded to the Japanese forum.
Thank you always! (If my English is bad, sorry)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.