Hello,
I am interested in best practices for the data flow between Unreal and Houdini when using HDAs.
We primarily use Houdini Engine to generate unique meshes based Unreal curves that contain certain guiding parameters as UProperties.

The only way i found is based on the actor tags that are translated into primitive groups. So i created a string format(HAtt_UPropertyName_PropertyValue) in which i encoded the int, float and string UProperties with the help of the OnPropertyChanged Function on the actor.
In Houdini these were converted into groups which i translated into primitive attributes with a custom parser that interpretes the first half of the string before the "_" as the property name an the latter half as the value.
The value also had different formats for the different types (int, float & string) in order to recognize the type of the property and interpret accordingly.
So basically a spline-actor with the Tag "HAtt_Size_10_57" was translated into the primitive attribute "Size" with the value "10.57" by my "TagParser" in houdini.

It works ....
Though I feel like there should be a better way. Especially because if the ActorTag is translated into houdini groups, it should theoretically be possible with the UProperties aswell.
I am sure i missed something in the documentation on how to do this more effectively.

For the other way around there is the unreal_uproperty_* attribute, but i need the UProperties to guide the generation process in houdini. I also can't use the HDAs parameters, because the HDA contains multiple input curves that each may have different UProperty values. It also needs to be inside one HDA because the curves can influence each other on intersections.
Therefore we need InputCurves Uproperties -> HoudiniCurves Primitive Attributes.

Thanks for the help!