Day 28 Labs Simple Rope Wrap

Khaorte
Day 28 : Labs Simple Rope Wrap
NaroD
rope
sanpotaro
Day 28 - Labs Simple rope wrap
oliviacefai
Today I wished I could relax in the sky! :-) But no, I need to get to the Mardini 2024 finish line without falling down at the last minute!

This idea was an opportunity to really art direct with the rope tools and revise earlier lessons on backplate and cloud generate. Like other participant (Requson), I also modified the node in one of the instances to create ropes from curves in the same style as the wrap ones (for consistency). I used the cloud generate and volume combine tools to sculpt the clouds and create an attachment zone for the ropes. Then made a VDB collider for the rope nodes.

PS: I did not expect this at first, but this Mardini had me really dive into the Solaris+Karma workflow. Still hard to get the best displacement & normals from Substance Painter to USD materialX shaders in Karma (not as good and detailed in closeup as with Redshift).
popitz
Day 28 : LABS Simple Rope Wrap -- Who doesn't love a fuzzy shoe ?
wendimautsala
Rich Capybara.
kinakomoti
Day 28 Simple Rope Wrap
Joshua Petrakos
All the textures are Made with Greyscalegorilla+. Their rope textures work great with this SOP and they even had some snazzy black and orange ones

I used the pigs for the balls of yarn in the basket but it's a little hard to tell. The copy sop works great for creating woven type assets. Its how I made the basket.
JKLM
Cats...
hediedscreaming
Warm light...
razvan_flore
Accurate visualization
RhysSion
Day 28 Ropes - silk
ciaoZ
Day28. The materials are from greyscalegorilla. Made with Greyscalegorilla+
Onguu
Day 28 - Simple Rope Wrap
~ It's a Wrap ~
johnlilpy
vicifx
Day 28 - Simple Rope Wrap
Jacob_Carignan
tied!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.