Search - User list
Full Version: Flowfields
Root » Technical Discussion » Flowfields
kgillen
Hello all,

I am pondering flowfields. I want to create this process in houdini. Has anyone else atempted this?

Thanks
edward
What do you mean by “process”? Just curious, what type of thing are you considering flowfields for? Are you actually talking about fluid related stuff, or more in general, vector fields? In H9, there's a lot more support for stuff like that.
kgillen
I guess I am looking for a 2d approach to creating wake, waves, and ripples in a surface. I have boats, oars, etc. reacting with the water surface. I need a way to create realistice wake and ripples from that interaction.

Thanks
edward
In the latest H9 builds, there's the new Wave and Ripple DOPs that are effectively 2D solutions. You might want to take a look.
mrCatfish
edward
In the latest H9 builds, there's the new Wave and Ripple DOPs that are effectively 2D solutions. You might want to take a look.
Cool, I found the ripple stuff, works well. But where is the wave DOP? Is it called something else? I want to do boat wakes with swirling fluid effects.
mrCatfish
No wave DOP then? It was all a ruse?
jlait
Wave was what Ripple was briefly called. So there is no wave, just ripple. To the distress of mathematicians, “Wave” makes people think of breaking waves, which are difficult to have in a pure 2d world.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.