Search - User list
Full Version: Can't import SOHO
Root » Technical Discussion » Can't import SOHO
symek
Just like topic says. First I've checked some script. It raised an error because it couldn't import soho. So I tried in Python Shell and in hython. Still couldn't import soho. “No such module”. Fresh Houdini 9.0.747 on WinXP…

any ideas?
thanks,
sy.
mark
SYmek
Just like topic says. First I've checked some script. It raised an error because it couldn't import soho. So I tried in Python Shell and in hython. Still couldn't import soho. “No such module”. Fresh Houdini 9.0.747 on WinXP…

any ideas?
thanks,
sy.

SOHO requires some setup that's done by an output driver. So, SOHO can only really be used when invoked by the render button on an output driver.

On the mantra/RIB/mentalray/Alfed ROPs, take a look at the “invisible” parameter “soho_program”. This specifies the python program invoked by the output driver.

SOHO is pretty speciailized for rendering. HOM is the way to go for other scripting.
symek
thanks mark!
I've just played with SESI's own Traverser.py script… but I got the message.

thanks again,
sy.
mark
SYmek
thanks mark!
I've just played with SESI's own Traverser.py script… but I got the message.

thanks again,
sy.

There should have been a Traverser.otl in there too (for the output driver).

But, if it's not, it's extremely easy to recreate.

1) File->New Operator Type
2) Choose “Output Driver Type” and save to a reasonable location
3) Install a new string parameter called “soho_program”
4) Make sure it's default is set to “Traverser.py”
5) Install a new string parameter “soho_diskfile”
6) Install a new toggle “soho_outputmode” (save to disk file) and set it's default to 1.

That's about it…
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.