Search - User list
Full Version: Mantra progress output
Root » Technical Discussion » Mantra progress output
methodhai
Hi,

I was wondering how I can convince Mantra to output the progress to stdout as a percentage with a line break? I've turned up the verbosity to 9 - but It doesn't seem to do it.

Thanks.
graham
Try turning on Alfred Style Progress.
jason_iversen
Also, you might want to know about this awesome feature: Mantra Tile Callbacks. http://odforce.net/wiki/index.php/IFD_Version_9#Tile_Callbacks [odforce.net]

I used them at DD as part of our farm render scripts to output some prettier-than-normal formatting. Fun stuff!
methodhai
grahamt,
I'm sorry, but I don't quite understand what exactly Alfred Style Output is suppose to do. I've turned it on and it doesn't seem to change anything? Is the a description somewhere in the help that gives a bit more detail on what it does?

Jason,
Thanks - that looks promising. I'll have a look later on today.
graham
Alfred Progress will print the percentage of completion of your frame to the console.

From the help on the Mantra ROP:

Alfred Style Progress

A percentage complete value is printed out as tiles are finished. This is in the style expected by Pixar’s Alfred render queue.
methodhai
Goodness. I just realized I had a lower case “v” in the command line options which was why I wans't seeing this.

Thanks grahamt for the info.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.