検索 - User list
Full Version: PR_RenderMan for Houdini 21.0.671
Root » Technical Discussion » PR_RenderMan for Houdini 21.0.671
LESOUFLESOUF
Hello All,

Is there anyone who has been through the process
of installing Renderman for Houdini on Mac OS.

If you're out there would it be possible to connect
so as to highlight where I seem to be going wrong.

Thanks in Advance
LeSouf/Houdini Trainer

as the attached image shows Arnold & 3Delight for Houdini are both recognised
TheNotepadShow
Hey Lesouf,

My name is Todd Manus, I don't have a Mac, but I'll see if I can help. With Linux and Windows 11, you can simple copy of a JSON file over from where Renderman got installed, to a folder called packages that is usually in your "houdini21.0" home folder
See the packages installation section here: https://rmanwiki-27.pixar.com/space/RFH27/544640398/Installation+of+RenderMan+for+Houdini [rmanwiki-27.pixar.com]

If you have question, I can try and help. You can reach me on Pixar's Renderman Discord server.

BTW, I have never seen the Renderman plugin in the Labs/Packages section ever, so I don't think you have to worry to much about the fact that it doesn't show up there.
LESOUFLESOUF
My apologies Todd I've completely missed your most welcome reply, I'll try your suggestions and if needs be I'll connect with further points that are causing issues regarding PR RenderMan for Houdini on a Mac Book Pro M1
TheNotepadShow
I see you posted on the Discord, sorry I couldn't be more helpful. It is hard since I do not own a Mac. I am a Linux guy. The Renderman community is awesome, someone there should be able to help you.
LESOUFLESOUF
Hey Todd,
Many thanks for your help & support, very much appreciated : ),
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.