olivierth
2026年9月15日 10:09:46
I made an HDA with the Label "Oli_Mask_by_Features". but when I create it, it's named "Oli_AO" for some reason...
I checked in the Type Properties and the only place I can see Oli_AO is at the top of the window: Operator Type. But I can't edit that.
How can I change it?
kodoragon
2026年9月15日 13:11:29
I don't think you can rename an existing HDA. The best you can do is just duplicate it and create a new one with the name you want.
Italimpex Productions
2026年9月15日 22:29:32
Hello. I assume you had your subnet named "Oli_AO" and you had "Asset Label" and "Internal Name" unlinked when you were creating the digital asset. You can verify that by looking if your save path has the same "Oli_AO" name in it (middle mouse button on the node).
It's not possible to purely rename Operator Type (Operator Name/Internal Name). You can only copy and rename it, then delete the old one.
- Right click on the node > Show in Asset Manager
- Your HDA should be highlighted in the Operator list and right click on it > Copy
- Then you can modify "Operator Name" and click "Accept"
You can delete your old HDA in the same "Asset Manager" > "Operators" list. I want to highlight that copying the asset definition into a new one (for example Oli_Mask_by_Features.hda) and deleting the old definition inside the Asset Manager will leave original Oli_AO.hda empty. So, delete that remaining placeholder HDA in your save directory (Documents > houdini22.0 > otls). You can double check if it's the right HDA by checking out its file size of 1 KB (empty HDA).
olivierth
2026年9月16日 09:23:19
Ah! It's more complex than I thought.
Thanks for taking the time to give me all the info! Much apreciated!
olivierth
2026年9月16日 09:31:17
Fantastic, it works!