検索 - User list
Full Version: VR / OpenXR
Root » Houdini for Realtime » VR / OpenXR
jason_iversen
Hi Labs,

I've been seeing in the news that Meta has moved 12m+ Oculus Quest2's into the market (I myself got one) and was wondering if there was any chatter or demand around providing OpenXR support for Houdini? It may lend itself to workflows that might be useful in non-VR mode too, for example using an overlaid neteditor in the style of Supercharged Houdini [animatrixx.gumroad.com].

Some of the art apps (ShapesXR, TiltBrush, Gravity) see to have interesting, immersive two-handed modeling capabilities.

Cheers,
Jason
Magnus_Mller
And now that Quest3 is selling well (and I just got one, it's amazzzing), I would love to use it in Houdini! Imagine draing guide curves in VR directly in houdini. Anyone got it running yet?
olivetty
Yes, this would be amazing! I know this thread is old but Q3 is selling like hot cakes and I'd love to use it with Houdini for sculpt/modelling or just walking around the viewport placing stuff in Stage!
RamaKrishna
@Jason This would be awesome to edit stuff and art direct geometry. I had a problem wrapping the curves around a character its painful to do with mouse but with VR it would be much more intuitive hope sideFX shows some love on these workflows. Blender already leading the way.
jason_iversen
Hi again,

Well, I never had the time to do this myself. But with the rise of Claude, this become quite possible to experiment with, so I took a couple of days to push around a basic tool

Intercepting Houdini proper seemed very hard to do, so I thought perhaps there could be a LOPs-only approach that might have a more constrained set of use cases maybe? So going off this idea, here is a (toy) node that opens fires up render delegates and pushes the images to the headset.



There is the source code for it: https://github.com/jason-iversen/houdini-xr [github.com]
I recommend reading the README for more info on what it can do, and some technical details. Please feel free to (get Claude to) fork it and do whatever you like with it.

I'm open to suggestions or feedback, happy to experiment further.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.