Q: VoronoiFracture not building inside faces properly

3579   4   2
257 posts
Hello people,

in the file below, i have a projectile transferring color attribute to a wall and subdividing the area receiving the color, and finally performing voronoi fracture.

The faces after the fracture looks messy and there are holes, the faces where it's subdivided also did not build the interior faces. Tried setting up without the subdividing network and the faces are built nicely.

Anybody can give me a hint or be kind enough to check out the file?

Cheers!

eitht.

Attachments:
01_voronoi_fract_prob.hipnc (200.2 KB)
voronoi_fract_faces.png (865.3 KB)

3 posts
Hey ,
I saw your file and i come to know there is something wrong with your voronoi fracture node.
what i did, simply i created new voronoi fracture node and connected it to same inputs which is working well. please have a look once.

Thanks
Santosh K
257 posts
khedkarsanto
Hey ,
I saw your file and i come to know there is something wrong with your voronoi fracture node.
what i did, simply i created new voronoi fracture node and connected it to same inputs which is working well. please have a look once.

Hi Santosh,

thanks for peeking into the file!
i'm feeling jinxed… did what you said and it still didnt build the pieces.
Can you attach the fixed file here? :?

eitht.

Attachments:
voronoi.png (87.3 KB)

3 posts
HI,

I am really sorry i couldn't attach corrected file, as i don't have permission to send any file from office(I have done changes in office as i don't have Houdini in my laptop).

So i will try to explain it to you without file. and also i have attached images for better understanding.

so i just want to mention, i have done it using another method but in your method, i have to seat and work on it and definitely i will work on it and let you know.

so what i have done in your file, I have replaced your box with grid and then applied polyExtrud on it just before voronoi fracture node and remaining part is same. using this method only i am able to get rid of the problem which was there with you.

:wink:

Thanks
Santosh K.

Attachments:
PolyExtrude_NOde.jpg (96.2 KB)
Resolved_image.jpg (184.7 KB)

257 posts
It's working good now, thanks for ur time Santosh!!! :wink:

here's the file if someone is interested.

eitht.

Attachments:
01_voronoi_fract_wall_bullet_solved.hipnc (206.1 KB)

• Quick Links