Exporting VDB issue

2889   1   0
33 posts
I am facing incorrect data representation while trying to exporting VDBfrom my pyro sims ,due to some reason iam not able to export temperature data correctly.Though when itried using an example VDB(downloaded from solid angle doc [support.solidangle.com] example) it haad fine temperature info.

Am i miss some thing while exporting?
Edited by sabareeshrg - Jan. 3, 2017 05:45:46

Attachments:
20170103_142714.jpg (4.1 MB)

sab
7734 posts
Depending on which version of Houdini / Arnold you're using, you might need to set the environment variable HOUDINI13_VOLUME_COMPATIBILITY to 1 prior to starting Houdini and exporting to .vdb (see also the previous thread https://www.sidefx.com/forum/topic/37743/). [sidefx.com]

Having said, that I'm not sure what I'm looking at in your image. What you deem as correct in the image, is that truly just the temperature field? ie. the geometry only has 1 primitive. In the “incorrect” part, are you actually taking the same exact field, saving it to a .vdb and then reading that in with a File SOP? Your image is so drastically different, that I'm not convinced that you're even looking at comparing the same fields. Did you test to see if it works if you saved to .bgeo and brought that back instead?
  • Quick Links