Welcome

2457   11   4
Staff
1182 posts
Welcome to the H20 Tech Art Challenge by SIDEFX LABS[ [www.sidefx.com]/b] which gives you the chance to compete with the rest of the Houdini Community for cool prizes by creating Houdini Digital Assets using Houdini 20 for use in game engines, or as utilities inside Houdini itself.

The contest will run from now until the deadline on Jan 15, 2024 before Midnight EDT

Submit your work to this forum, in the proper category. You must include all the items listed above in order for it to be considered. The whole forum will be closed on Jan 15, 2024 at Midnight EDT so the judges can review all the completed work.

To share your progress and get feedback, feel free to start a WIP thread with your asset name and either or at the end to indicate the intended category. Your final entry must be posted to one of the two category threads before the deadline.
Edited by rmagee - Nov. 16, 2023 11:46:10
Robert Magee
Senior Product Marketing Manager
SideFX
80 posts
Hey Rob !

Couple of questions :

I won honorable mention last year, any idea when the swag pack should be arriving ?

It says SideFx employees cannot win ; I start working for SideFx in January, does that mean I'm not elligible to win ?

Excited to participate regardless !

Is the number of submissions limited this year ? Only one submission right ?

Have a lovely day,

Tom
80 posts
Oops ! Just read that multiple submissions are allowed, disregard that question !
1 posts
Is one submission considered a single node or can the utility be a set of related nodes?
Staff
1182 posts
Markus Raudaschl
Is one submission considered a single node or can the utility be a set of related nodes?

One entry could be a set of tools
Robert Magee
SideFX
58 posts
Hi Robert Maggie,
Is that consider to be a valid entire if we modify/incorporate/extend the houdini tool that is shipped from sidefx, for the Challenge.
Edited by Sweetener - Nov. 23, 2023 03:34:06
Houdini Fx Artist (Build)
Staff
1182 posts
Clueless
Hi Robert Maggie,
Is that consider to be a valid entire if we modify/incorporate/extend the houdini tool that is shipped from sidefx, for the Challenge.

That would be OK but the results would have to be a significant improvement to be considered as a winning entry/
Robert Magee
SideFX
2 posts
Hello!

I'm a college student interested in entering the Tech Art Challenge.

I use Apprentice but I was wondering if I could still submit to the Game Art asset category?
Will my entry still be reviewed even though I can't use my own tool in Unity/Unreal?

Thanks!
Staff
1182 posts
yuhanl
Hello!

I'm a college student interested in entering the Tech Art Challenge.

I use Apprentice but I was wondering if I could still submit to the Game Art asset category?
Will my entry still be reviewed even though I can't use my own tool in Unity/Unreal?

Thanks!

Your asset can be reviewed as a tool inside Houdini alone if you want.

Note that if you were to get a Student License you would be able to test your .hdanc files inside Unreal/Unity.
Robert Magee
SideFX
2 posts
I have a personal project which has been on hold since a year. I would like to continue that. Is that fine?

Also, It's based on extending the megascan importing process for usd. Can I use that since megascan models are not allowed?
It would be valid if I don't include a megascan model in test scene. Is that correct?
Edited by agastyafx - Dec. 30, 2023 19:33:33
1 posts
Hello.

I'm starting just now and I was wondering about the deadline, it says
January 15, 2024 at Midnight EDT
i forgot if it was like 2024/01/15 at 00:00:00 or at 23:59:59

thanks in advance!
Staff
1182 posts
End of the day on January 15, 2024 EST
Robert Magee