How to set aerodynamic drag for Vellum fluid?

278   3   0
446 posts
As title. I'd like to make my Vellum fluid kinda move more slowly in air, but not changing the gravity for other particles. I suppose it can be done by giving it some areodynamic drag.

Adding a POP Drag to give it wind seems to be close... but wind is a vector (as it should be), and I'd like an omnidirectional aerodynamic drag. Set POP Drag's air resistance without wind seems to do nothing.
8567 posts
raincole
Set POP Drag's air resistance without wind seems to do nothing
try higher values maybe? It defilinely should apply drag to Vellum Fluid particles

on Vellum Solver SOP you can also use Forces/Built In Wind Drag, which is linked to internal POP Wind, but regardless ow what POP Wind or POP Drag you use you should see the effect
Tomas Slancik
FX Supervisor
Method Studios, NY
446 posts
tamte
raincole
Set POP Drag's air resistance without wind seems to do nothing
try higher values maybe? It defilinely should apply drag to Vellum Fluid particles

on Vellum Solver SOP you can also use Forces/Built In Wind Drag, which is linked to internal POP Wind, but regardless ow what POP Wind or POP Drag you use you should see the effect

Oh yeah it does make a difference. For some reason I assumed the range is 0~1...
Edited by raincole - April 19, 2024 07:41:27
5 posts
yeah, for vellum fluid, I crank on pop drag force. Especially when I wanna accentuate the effect of viscous fluids... Which vellum handles so effortlessly I might add!!!
  • Quick Links