TBB/kinefx errors on import hou

174   1   1
11 posts
Hi,

I am using HOM in Windows (10.0.19045 Build 19045) with a vanilla install of Houdini 20 and am getting the errors below on import. It does not seem to affect the behaviour (i.e., I can load a HIP file, cook PDG work items, etc.) but I would like to get rid of it if possible. What can I do to troubleshoot the issue?

Python 3.10.11 (tags/v3.10.11:7d4cc5a, Apr  5 2023, 00:38:17) [MSC v.1929 64 bit (AMD64)] on win32
Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.
>>> import os
>>> os.getenv('HFS')
'C:\\Program Files\\Side Effects Software\\Houdini 20.0.653'
>>> os.getenv('HHP')
'C:\\Program Files\\Side Effects Software\\Houdini 20.0.653\\houdini\\python3.10libs'
>>> os.add_dll_directory('{}/bin'.format(os.environ['HFS']))
<AddedDllDirectory('C:\\Program Files\\Side Effects Software\\Houdini 20.0.653/bin')>
>>> import sys
>>> sys.path.append(os.environ['HHP'])
>>> import hou
UT_TBBProxy: WARNING: Failed to bind to TBB - TBBPROXY_CreateTaskArena()
UT_TBBProxy: WARNING: Failed to bind to TBB - TBBPROXY_DestroyTaskArena()
UT_TBBProxy: WARNING: Failed to bind to TBB - TBBPROXY_TaskArenaExecute()
UT_TBBProxy: WARNING: Failed to bind to TBB - TBBPROXY_ScalableAllocationCommand()
UT_TBBProxy: WARNING: Failed to bind to TBB - TBBPROXY_InitializeTaskArena()
opalias: 'kinefx::motionclipupdate' is not a known operator.
opalias: 'kinefx::rop_fbxanimoutput' is not a known operator.
Edited by moival - April 21, 2024 16:54:35
11 posts
A previous topic in this forum [www.sidefx.com] quoted the HDK documentation [www.sidefx.com]:

Custom Allocators
Houdini is built with special custom allocator libraries that override the default allocation routines (eg. malloc, free, etc.). As such any code you build or link into HDK plugins cannot use their own such libraries such as tbbmalloc_proxy. If you do, then conflicts and crashes can occur as a result.

I am not loading any custom plugins. I tried removing the content of C:\Program Files\Side Effects Software\Houdini 20.0.653\packagesbut that only got rid of the kinefxerrors.
  • Quick Links