[Python] How to get the enableness of Range parameter for int or float parameter in hdas

2358   9   1
44 posts
Hi!

I try to get the Enable flag for Range in a Float or an Int parameter in an hda.
But I am not able to do it.

In the IntParmTemplate [www.sidefx.com] (or the FloatParmTemplate) page, it says that the conditionals() function should give the condtions for this.

It is quite easy to get else everything for Range.
parameter_template.minValue()
parameter_template.minIsStrict()
parameter_template.maxValue()
parameter_template.maxIsStrict()

Thanks a lot

Attachments:
13_no_range.png (36.8 KB)

7794 posts
Python scripting of the parm template is very spotty. dialog script is the one true language for parameters, and many aspects are not implemented yet in the houdini python module. It might not be possible to change what you are looking for with python.
44 posts
Thanks a lot for the answer!

What do you mean by this :
jsmack
dialog script is the one true language for parameters, and many aspects are not implemented yet in the houdini python module.

Thanks again!
François
7794 posts
all node interfaces are internally stored as ‘dialog script’ a sort of json-esque language. if you unpack an otl, you will find dialog script inside that contains the names of all the parms, as well as the properties of each.
44 posts
jsmack
all node interfaces are internally stored as ‘dialog script’ a sort of json-esque language. if you unpack an otl, you will find dialog script inside that contains the names of all the parms, as well as the properties of each.

Thanks a lot!
In fact, I thing there is a bug (or it is the normal behavior) but the enable flag for Range is always set back to Enable.

I will log a bug!
34 posts
fdevic
jsmack

Thanks a lot!
In fact, I thing there is a bug (or it is the normal behavior) but the enable flag for Range is always set back to Enable.

I will log a bug!

Did you ever find a fix for this? I'm noticing this as well on an HDA I'm working on where the Range is always defaulted to ‘on’. It's causing issues when I'm trying to destroy and create a new slider and automatically set the max range to the len(number of files). The PythonModule is printing the correct value but defining the max value for hou.IntParmTemplate() doesn't work, it's locked because the range slider is defaulting ‘on’ no matter what in the parameter settings.
Edited by TheProgg - Jan. 16, 2020 15:08:31
44 posts
TheProgg
fdevic
jsmack

Thanks a lot!

I will log a bug!

Did you ever find a fix for this? I'm noticing this as well on an HDA I'm working on where the Range is always defaulted to ‘on’. It's causing issues when I'm trying to destroy and create a new slider and automatically set the max range to the len(number of files).
We just lived this that I think

I bug was entered in the bug report at SideFX
34 posts
fdevic
TheProgg
fdevic
jsmack

Thanks a lot!

I will log a bug!

Did you ever find a fix for this? I'm noticing this as well on an HDA I'm working on where the Range is always defaulted to ‘on’. It's causing issues when I'm trying to destroy and create a new slider and automatically set the max range to the len(number of files).

Yea I submitted a bug as well.
44 posts
TheProgg
fdevic
TheProgg
fdevic
jsmack

Thanks a lot!

I will log a bug!

Yea I submitted a bug as well.
Could you give your bug number to “link” them together
2 posts
tag:
"sidefx::slider" set to "none"

seems to do the trick
  • Quick Links