UV Image Viewer

750   6   2
126 posts
Hi,
Do I miss it for years or is it really missing?
If you would like to see your imported texture in Karma Material Builer, I would welcome to have something like
a texture viever in all other programs.

Maybe I really miss it, but I could not find it.

Attachments:
UV_Texture_viewer.jpg (276.2 KB)

101 posts
Maybe you could use a File COP inside a copnet to load a texture and view it in the Composite View.
Houdini Pipeline Supervisor @ TAT Studio
126 posts
ObeidaZakzak
Maybe you could use a File COP inside a copnet to load a texture and view it in the Composite View.

Hi,

Thanks for your input.
Yes this might work, but it's not very user friendly. I guess there is no other 3D software missing this feature.

Tom
Staff
5161 posts
If you open the file browser for the texture image parameter on the VOP node, in the lower left corner you'll see a button called "Preview". If you have a file selection, it'll launch mplay with that file.
12 posts
101 posts
malexander
If you open the file browser for the texture image parameter on the VOP node, in the lower left corner you'll see a button called "Preview". If you have a file selection, it'll launch mplay with that file.
It was there all that time and never noticed it ^^ Thanks !
Houdini Pipeline Supervisor @ TAT Studio
126 posts
malexander

Hi,

ok, I see this preview button. But it would be much more useful if we would have a image viewer in houdini like all other 3d Apps.
i.e, if we click the MTLX image node in the karma material builder, it would be nice to have a viewer which shows the
resulting image.

Thanks Tom
  • Quick Links