Torque Exporters Not Available in 11.0.446.9

4837   7   1
17 posts
I believe I'm having a licensing conflict, because Apprentice/Apprentice HD downloads take you to the 11.0.446.9 verion. When I first installed, I got the non-commercial licenses related to version 11 which don't expire until Sept. ‘10. Then, I accessed my paid Apprentice HD licenses, which appear to be for version 10. I think the version 11, non-apprentice licenses are keeping me for seeing the Torque exporters. To complicate matters, I cannot return the non-commercail version 11 licenses to even test my theory. Uninstall-restart-reinstall didn’t solve the problem. I badly need technical assistance with this issue :!:
7750 posts
If you run H10, then do you see the Torque stuff? If not, then you should be emailing support AT sidefx.com.
17 posts
I'm a first time user and don't have access to 10… all downloadpaths lead to 11… I'd like to try 10. I was extremely confused when all related licenses state version 10, but the only download is for 11 :?
1909 posts
From the menu at the top of the site, if you go Support -> Download you can scroll down to find builds of previous versions, as well as daily builds of Houdini 11. Try grabbing the Houdini 10 production build, 10.0.595.
Graham Thompson, Technical Artist @ Rockstar Games
17 posts
One problem after another… Now, I downloaded the file named houdini-10.0.595-win32-vc8.exe, which is supposed to be for Windows 32-bit app, but it reports that its trying to install a 64 bit!
7750 posts
Did you buy your Apprentice HD license AFTER Houdini 11 was released or before? I think you really need to be asking the support folks about this.
17 posts
I just purchased it this last Fri. (Aug. 6), at which time 11 was clearly available. I've contacted sales, stating that the real issue seems to be that I should have been issued licenses for Apprentice HD 11, not 10.

The crazy thing is, I attempted to download and install ver. 10, but the Win32 install complained that it was a 64-bit install :shock:
17 posts
Followup… There was a licensing issue, which was quickly solve and 11 is now up and runing. Now, I'm just trying to get familiar with all the options! A big thanks to the support staff at SES!
  • Quick Links