export .mdd with houdini apprentice HD?

31686   24   6
7743 posts
You mean you don't see the file being output onto the file system?
304 posts
phamarus, for getting fluids or any other geo sequence into LW, just do what I do.
The latest incarnation of Realflow´s plugin for LW works nicely, so just use that to load the Houdini sequence.
Of course Houdini exports .obj and you need an .lwo sequence. Load your obj sequence with the standard LW object sequencer, and then use this script “IL_SaveTSeq” (it´s free, at http://www.interialabs.de/lw/lscript/index.html) [interialabs.de] to convert the whole thing to a lwo sequence.

Now you use the new (LW 9.5 required) Realflow mesh sequencer and you can even texture with nodes and/or use FPrime.
Javier Meroño
FX TD.
4 posts
Edward,

Right, the mdd file is not output to the file system. Following your video exactly. Using Apprentice HD on Mac Pro. Any ideas or things to try?

Thanks.
543 posts
You can also export/import your particles as Real Flow particles, works great.
========================================================
You are no age between space
7743 posts
drducati
Right, the mdd file is not output to the file system. Following your video exactly. Using Apprentice HD on Mac Pro. Any ideas or things to try?

As far as I can tell, it outputs for me. Try bringing up the file browser by clicking on the icon to the right of the file path Output parameter and save it into your desktop or something.
  • Quick Links