how to isert a obj into the autodopnetwork

3298   3   0
618 posts
i am trying to set a easy dynamic scene to learn Houdini,
i created a cylinder, and i shatter it.

i add a ground collision to the scene, and also create the autodopnetwork,

How do i put my cylinder shattered into the dopnetwork so it can fall and shatter at the contact of the ground?

Thanks guys.
1632 posts
Hi,

First of all, welcome to the forums.

To add the shattered tube into the DOP Network, go to the Rigid Bodies shelf tab, click on RBD Fractured Object or RBD Glue Object & follow the instructions at the bottom of the Houdini window.

The difference between the two is the RBD Glue Object allows you to “glue” the shattered geometry with a value. If the impact force is greater than the glue value, the geometry will break apart. On the other hand, the RBD Fractured Object will break upon impact or fall apart with gravity applied.

Hope the above helps!

Cheers!
steven
618 posts
Steven, thanks, yep it works, now it breaks,
in a kinda weird way, but i guess that when i have to really start to play.

what happen if i want to different autodopnetworks?

and each contain different simulation, like in XSI that you have environments.
Can you do that in Houdini?.

(example, have 2 cylinders with 2 collision ground, but in different simulation process.)
1632 posts
Hi pelos,

You can have as many DOP Networks as you want. Just copy & paste the current DOP Network you have and you can dive into the copied DOP Network & make different settings etc.

Alternatively, you can look into Takes to help you. I suggest checking out the Online help for more information on Takes & also, the Tutorials section under the Learning link above. There are also Dynamics tutorials available too.

Have fun!

Cheers!
steven
  • Quick Links