Error starts appearing when rendering

2397   4   0
66 posts
Hi, I´m working in a hip file for some weeks. While I was switching between takes to render different things an error shows up when I render a SOP node with some particles. The weird thing is that if I render a frame range with the start frame higher than 4 it works, frame 1 doesnt. I know is this node because if i disable it everything works fine. If I launch the render from the window menues i get this error.

EDIT: I have noticed that frame 5 is where first particles appear
EDIT2: Actually it fails when there are no particles in the node

Any idea what going on with this? thanks in advance!

Attachments:
error.jpg (134.7 KB)

NicoZ
2624 posts
Render with what ? Those Soho errors look like you are having problems with the IFD file. Also the best way to debug a scene is to strip it down > repeat the error and post up a file.

rob
Gone fishing
66 posts
Thanks rob, i striped the scene and attached it. I´m rendering with Micropolygon in Houdini 11.1.

Attachments:
pop_sohoerror.hipnc (1.1 MB)

NicoZ
66 posts
There was a problem with the parameter I added to the Material SOP after the POP network where i added the “lightcolor” to get the variation. Thats not the attribute i need so its my error there. I removed the attribute, unchecked the base color and enabled “Use Point Color” on my shader and now works.

The error showed up but I was doing the things wrong, so maybe there was something missing and thats why the renderer got confused.

Sorry for rushing in getting troubleshooting, it was a long night working in that

Thanks
NicoZ
2624 posts
As my CG sup says “ are you sure that's not an error 40 ” . Referring to me sitting 40 inches away from the screen.

rob
Gone fishing
  • Quick Links