[MAC] Apprentice licence probleme

2660   4   2
18 posts
Hi everyone,
I downloaded the last version of houdini, 12.0.581, and when I try to launch the program, the houdini license administrator appear, so I check the ‘install my free Houdini apprentice licence but after that when I click on ’ run ‘ it’s the same window appear one more time, at the end I can't start houdini actually. Also if I click on the ‘ view licences ’ all licences are ok, into the installed licenses also the server information.

Some clue ? .

Cheers
257 posts
Hey there,

i'm unfamiliar with Mac but on Windows, we would run the program as Administrator and the license would be installed properly. Guessing you need to run Houdini as administrator on mac too, good luck!

eitht.
18 posts
Maybe, I'll try to do that but the weird thing it's I never didn't need to do that before.
Staff
1450 posts
it could be related to the local licensing and file write pemrissions or something similar. See if any of these FAQs help:
http://www.sidefx.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1039&Itemid=273 [sidefx.com]
18 posts
I changed the write permission on this file, licences.local, by a chmod command, it was -rw-rw-r– and now it's -rwxrwxrwx, but it still doesn't work.

I tried an another way, into a shell I made an mv command on this file /Library/Preferences/sesi/licenses.local to /Library/Preferences/sesi/licenses.local.old, after that I had re-start my houdini and the license installation appear again, but this time when the installation of licenses was done, and I clicked on Run, houdini was started perfectly. I don't know why the licenses was be corrupted but it re write another “fresh” license. I hope my problem will help someone else.

Regards
  • Quick Links