Can't figure out Voronoifracture create output group problem

6844   7   0
16 posts
So, I'm following the smashing columns tutorial and I'm at the part where I'm assigning materials. In the circle_object1 network, there's a node called “file” and it says to attach a material node to it. So I do. Then it says in that node paramters, to type “inside” in the group field. Well that seems to not work for my scene. When I click the down arrow next to the field, nothing comes up but in the video he has a long list of items. Is there something I'm missing? I've attached my HIP file. I'm using Houdini 12 BTW. Thanks!
Edited by - June 7, 2012 23:00:15

Attachments:
Column.hipnc (1.4 MB)

112 posts
Go to
/obj/AutoDopNetwork/rigidbodysolver1/voronoifracturesolver1/fracture_SOP_solver
go to groups para. and turn on creat output groups.
Now that material node will show you inside group.
16 posts
Ok thanks! Is this something that changed in Houdini 12 from 11? Or did they conveniently forget to put that in the tutorial?
112 posts
When you fracture any geo in H11 using voronoi fracture tool, by default create output groups option is turned on. But in H12 , by default it is turned off so it doesn't create groups.
16 posts
Ok when I go to that path, it's greyed out. Any ideas? I even tried loading it in Houdini 11, but that option is still greyed out…there must be something I'm missing. Please any help would be greatly appreciated! I really want to finish this tutorial :?
112 posts
select your rigidbodysolver node and Rclick on it and select allow editing of contents, do the same thing for voronoifracturesolver1, you will be eble to edit the contents inside.
16 posts
I feel dumb lol thank you!
16 posts
Actually, looking at this again and trying again, this isn't an option in the “fracture_SOP_solver” node…at least not when highlighted. Is there anything else I'm missing? I'm uploading the HIP file again because I redid the tutorial just to make sure I'm not missing anything. I even went further to the “voronoifracture” node and and in the “Groups” param checked the “Create Output Groups” box. Do I need to re render the bgeo file?

EDIT: Ignore…figured it. I just needed to move the slider along…it was giving me a warning saying that there were no groups, but it's because it hadn't been shattered yet. ops:

Attachments:
Column_04.hipnc (1.4 MB)

• Quick Links