Learn Houdini

5182   4   0
25 posts
Hello everybody, I've been learning Houdini by myself watching tutorials, but I still feel I cant get good stuff to put something like a reel, do you know how to improve my skills as technical artist? which books to use, or where to take a review of the foundation. Thank you
Staff
2540 posts
Stop doing tutorials. Start doing a project. Replicate a shot you can really get behind and love from your favourite movie. Then put your own twist/look to it. Do the research. Do the shot. Have fun.

Ask lots of questions. If you do go down this route, start a new thread dedicated to that project or start a blog and keep us informed.

That's my two cents worth.
There's at least one school like the old school!
135 posts
awesome
3D Mind body and Soul Great illusions are done by great artists…
4189 posts
Agree - tutorials are good at teaching techniques, but you also need to be learning.

Learning is discovering things yourself, and applying techniques to novel situations. Ultimately all education is autodidactic; it's the guidance that is the difference. i.e. books, schooling, teachers, assignments etc
31 posts
I've been struggling with the same issue and reading these responses definitely helps give me some direction. Thanks a lot guys!
  • Quick Links