Problem to Modeling symmetrical

2176   2   0
76 posts
Hi nice to meet you may name is Harry Abreu.
I’m Brazilian and I’m very new in this forum, I started to learning Houdini less than a month.
I started with Houdini Apprentice and four days later I jump to Houdini Indie.
Here in Brazil I used to be an Instructor and I gave Computer Graphic Class I teacher Maya, Blender and some tools from Adobe.
I want to modeling into Houdini but I had trouble to find an easy way to make a symmetrical modeling like I did in Blender or Maya.
Please see the video.
Things become worse when I tried to make edge loops during the modeling.
Other odd thing is when I tried to put a reference image to modeling I could not change opacity.
My English isn’t good sorry.
118 posts
Modeling is a bit different in Houdini versus the other programs. It can be accomplished just have to think about it differently at times. This video gives a nice explanation of symmetry modeling.

76 posts
Hi I'm very happy to you explanation but I learning how to make symmetrical modeling with this video that you show and other from SideFx.
And now I use Houdini 15.5 and make a lot of tests during some hours to test different possibilities.
After I have no more to do and more to do mean: Google, Houdini Help, Vimeo and Youtube until the forum, I came here.
Please if you have Houdini 15.5 try a little.
In my tests if you start do it modeling symmetrical and the last node is not a polysplit it will create a different branch and it will crash your work.
  • Quick Links