Houdini Indie sss issue

4074   5   1
3 posts
Hi Houdini peeps,

i have been playing around with Houdini Indie 15.5.480 and noticed that the sss does not work or its behaviour has changed. Has anyone else noticed a big difference.

i'm on a mac with El Capitan.

i also uploaded a very simple file.

thanks Paul.

Attachments:
sss.hiplc (373.1 KB)

242 posts
I think 15.5.480 had some disconnected SSS nodes in the mantra surface shader that was fixed in daily-build not to long ago.
3 posts
Hey Mawi,

i will try 15.5.489

thanks for the heads up.

Paul.
3 posts
Hi Mawi,
sorry for the delay.(I was moving house).
15.5.489 has all the issues above fixed.

thanks Paul.
1 posts
Hello! I have a problem as well while I try to render my sss passes in houdini 15.5 . They can be visualized in the color pass, but they are not in the sss passes. I tried to use the skin shader,The material built shader, i tried to build my own sss shader and the same happened to all of them. I can't seem to find any solution. By the moment i can't upgrade to 15.5.489. Is there any way to solve this issue ?
38 posts
OmarSantos
Hello! I have a problem as well while I try to render my sss passes in houdini 15.5 . They can be visualized in the color pass, but they are not in the sss passes. I tried to use the skin shader,The material built shader, i tried to build my own sss shader and the same happened to all of them. I can't seem to find any solution. By the moment i can't upgrade to 15.5.489. Is there any way to solve this issue ?

you just have to make it by yourself add “physical sss” and connect it to a parameter and call it Ce that's it
  • Quick Links